INFO: The Artist's Statement

>+<

My collages & constructions are modest in form and scale.

The forms and objects, from a throw-away culture, are retrieved, sorted and reassembled by me like precious stuff.

Like rabbits pulled out of a magician's hat, these images of beauty emerge, constructed piece by piece.

Control is essential in achieving a blend between the old and new. Never to repeat myself within my work.

Of course, I am part of my time and culture. There are people and works in the history of art that have influenced me.

I owe much to Cornell, Braque, Schwitters, Man Ray and The Renaissance School.

My traditional training, that I absorbed, was at The Pratt Institute in New York. I am also a graduate of The Newark School of Fine & Industrial Arts in New Jersey.

Later I became an instructor of Color & Design at my alma mater and went on to become a Graphic Designer & Art Director in New York City for 35 years.

Over the years, I've exhibited in both states and held five one-man shows. My work is in private and industrial collections in America, Germany and Italy.